Fast Facts about Donating Food
Find a Recipient Fast
On average, donations on our site are claimed within an hour. We’ve had prepared food claimed in under three minutes!
We work with over 3,000 partners throughout the United States. We verify their eligibility to receive tax deductible donations so donors don’t have to.
Always Free to Donate
Donating food via MEANS is always 100% free. We believe that it should be easier and less expensive to donate your unsold food than to throw it away.
Protected From Liability
Food donated to a registered U.S. nonprofit is protected by the federal Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act. We verify our partners’ nonprofit status, protecting you from liability.
How to start donating food:
1. Head to meansdatabase.org/signup
2. Post a donation with details about the donation
3. Wait for a motivated recipient to claim your donation
4. Connect with the recipient and arrange a pickup time
5. Rate your recipient after the transaction is complete!