MEANS Database is a nationwide food recovery organization, connecting businesses with extra food to nearby emergency food providers supporting their community members for free. In Rhode Island and Bristol County, MA, we’ve teamed up with the EPA, RI Department of Health, and Rescuing Leftover Cuisine to increase food recovery efforts across the region.
MEANS Database is seeking an Outreach Intern based in Rhode Island to join our team from May 22 to August 18 , 2023. This internship offers unique opportunities to engage in day to day nonprofit service and directly expand our reach as a nonprofit organization. Applicants that join our team will broaden their knowledge of nonprofit work, assist nonprofits in the Rhode Island and Massachusetts communities, gain experience with food recovery, and more!
Applications are due by April 28th, 2023. This opportunity is fully remote and approximately 10 hours of work per week. This position is paid hourly at $16.50/hr.
- Reach out to food businesses including grocery stores, restaurants, farmers, and other food donors in Rhode Island to discuss food donation.
- Create materials for outreach to community partners.
- Conduct stewardship with existing MEANS partners in your region.
- All high school seniors, college students, & recent post-grads are welcome to apply.
- Passionate about food insecurity in America.
- Currently resides in Rhode Island or Massachusetts
- Able to attend weekly check-ins via Google Meets.
To apply, please send your resume and reasons why you are interested to [email protected].
Deadline: April 28, 2023