MEANS Database is seeking a Program Manager applicant based in Florida to join our team starting in mid-September. As a food recovery platform, we have been making strides to increase food recovery in Florida and are looking for a food waste savvy, multitasking master to join our team. While our team is remote, we’re looking for a Florida-based individual to assist with outreach and attend in-person events on behalf of MEANS. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resumé to [email protected] by August 22, 2022.
- Coordinate food recovery outreach in the state of Florida- with a special emphasis on Orange and Sarasota Counties.
- Create biweekly reports to update stakeholders on progress within the state of Florida.
- Present MEANS Database to nonprofit organizations, businesses, school districts, and municipal governments through multimedia presentations.
- Lead weekly meetings with MEANS staff focusing on the Florida program and attend related meetings.
- Serve as a point of contact for donation drivers and community partners across the state.
- Collaborate with potential food donors, nonprofits, mutual aid organizations, and community members to develop an inclusive and functional food recovery system.
- Work with other program managers on ongoing food recovery initiatives across the country.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or similar experience.
- Experiencing leading a small team to reach measurable goals.
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Canva.
- Understanding of food pantry operations, food service operations, or related areas.
- Passionate about food systems, food sovereignty, food recovery, food waste, or food insecurity in America.
- Currently reside within the state of Florida.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is a salaried, full-time, W-2 position, with base salary and additional opportunities for performance-based bonuses. The base salary of this position is paid biweekly at a rate of $1923.08 per pay period for a yearly base pay of $50,000.00 (before taxes). Full-time staff are expected to work an average of 36 hours per week including our weekly staff meeting.
- Half-day Fridays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Four weeks of PTO
- Additional Holiday Leave
- Sick Leave
- Mental Health time
- Health insurance through a QSEHRA plan